With the basics now safely under a manager’s belt, it is the time to turn to those techniques that will help them move to the next stage of their skills development. This workshop explores the more advanced skills required of a manager, from coaching and appraising staff through to conducting a disciplinary review of someone who is underperforming.
Anyone who has responsibility for the leadership and management of staff. It will be an advantage to have completed the “Stepping Up To Management” course but not essential.
Key learning points
• Building a greater sense of accountability and responsibility within the team
• What real coaching is and how differs from ‘training’
• Using more incisive – and neutral – questioning techniques
• The key stages of an appraisal
• The best sources of evidence for an employee’s performance
• Conducting disciplinary reviews that meet the legal demands of ACAS guidelines
"Well presented, slides, group discussion and video"
"Great interactive session, good discussion. Michael facilitated well and used a range of materials. Engaging"
"This course has been very useful & highlighted some good techniques that I can bring to my role. I enjoyed Michael's style of training & delivery of slides & video clips."